Mixed Media Artist

I work primarily in acrylics and collage.I use collage and beewax in my assemblage works and am now completing several shrines using found objects. I have been experimenting with encaustic collage and have found the medium very challenging. The paint is a combination of melted beeswax and pigment. A small amount of damar resin is added for hardness. I mix these paints myself and while painting all custom colors are mixed directly on a hot palette.
I will share my progress with this exciting medium with photos of work in progress and finished pieces.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

An evening of Food, Wine and Art

Ready to begin



The Display of my paintings



The afternoon of the event
Later that evening there were so many people on the street you couldn't see the door!



in process
It was a very busy evening and I talked for 3 hours straight. It was wonderful to introduce so many people to the encaustic process. Everyone was fascinated with the concept and had so many questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment