Mixed Media Artist

I work primarily in acrylics and collage.I use collage and beewax in my assemblage works and am now completing several shrines using found objects. I have been experimenting with encaustic collage and have found the medium very challenging. The paint is a combination of melted beeswax and pigment. A small amount of damar resin is added for hardness. I mix these paints myself and while painting all custom colors are mixed directly on a hot palette.
I will share my progress with this exciting medium with photos of work in progress and finished pieces.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Encaustic Institute Juried Show

POETIC TEXT
Photograph by Jill Greene


One of my recent encaustic paintings, " Poetic Text"  has been selected for the upcoming national show in Santa Fe, New Mexico. This is an encaustic collage with my personal journal pages fused to the surface of the painting. I have used a sgrafitto technique with oil paint sticks to create the line work. The work measures 9.5" x  11.5" The show will include 40 encaustic artists and will open on October 8, 2011.

Here is a link to the press release for this show and a list of artists http://library.constantcontact.com/download/get/file/1105780002034-22/EAI+Juried+Show.pdf

Thanks to my friend and photographer Jill Greene for the beautiful photos she takes of my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment