Mixed Media Artist

I work primarily in acrylics and collage.I use collage and beewax in my assemblage works and am now completing several shrines using found objects. I have been experimenting with encaustic collage and have found the medium very challenging. The paint is a combination of melted beeswax and pigment. A small amount of damar resin is added for hardness. I mix these paints myself and while painting all custom colors are mixed directly on a hot palette.
I will share my progress with this exciting medium with photos of work in progress and finished pieces.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Sketchbook Project 2011





This is a detail of one of the collage pages. Antique book pages were glued to watercolor paper and then glazed with acrylic paint.  After it dried I lightly sanded the surface with a scotchbrite pad. This gives a nice sheen to the paint. The large numbers are black paint dry brushed through a stencil. At the top heavy gold yarn is stitched through the paper as an embellishment. The scratching on the surface is made by making a heavy application of paint and glaze and scratching through with a stick.


Collage pages






Pencil Drawing of mushrooms used for the spore print






This is an image transfer made from a copyright free book.  I've lightly antiqued
the image with a stamp pad in a yellow ochre color to help it blend in.




1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures! What beautiful pages! I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete