Mixed Media Artist

I work primarily in acrylics and collage.I use collage and beewax in my assemblage works and am now completing several shrines using found objects. I have been experimenting with encaustic collage and have found the medium very challenging. The paint is a combination of melted beeswax and pigment. A small amount of damar resin is added for hardness. I mix these paints myself and while painting all custom colors are mixed directly on a hot palette.
I will share my progress with this exciting medium with photos of work in progress and finished pieces.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Mores pages........the deadline is approaching

My book is filling up and I have two weeks before I send it off.

The first page 


A watercolor of a favorite place in my garden. Every summer I plant handfuls of Cosmos seeds and enjoy cutting the flowers to bring inside.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn,
    I came across your lovely wall hanging at Sew Somerset. And to top it off, when I came here I see that you also do altered journals...doesn't get better than this :)
    I'll be following your blog ;)
    Have a great, creative year ahead!
    Irma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irma, how nice of you to take the time to comment and read my blog. I just looked at yours and I am very impressed. You have done such a beautiful job with the layout and design. I will be following you now also, and will look forward to seeing what you are creating. I have a dear friend that is Lithuanian, her mom and dad were born there, and I am sending her your blog address, I know she will love it! I see many of my favorite artists on your list of artists. Thanks for getting in touch.

    ReplyDelete