Mixed Media Artist

I work primarily in acrylics and collage.I use collage and beewax in my assemblage works and am now completing several shrines using found objects. I have been experimenting with encaustic collage and have found the medium very challenging. The paint is a combination of melted beeswax and pigment. A small amount of damar resin is added for hardness. I mix these paints myself and while painting all custom colors are mixed directly on a hot palette.
I will share my progress with this exciting medium with photos of work in progress and finished pieces.

Monday, November 15, 2010

National Collage Society 2010 Exhibit


My mixed media assemblage, "Incubation", was accepted in this years juried show. Click on this link to view the full exhibit        http://www.nationalcollage.com/2010exhibit1.html

This piece began as a child's toy tool box I found on ebay. I altered the surfaces with milk paint, beeswax, crackle medium and collage papers. The wooden game parts, buttons and key are vintage found objects. I have collaged my original drawings, photographs and journal pages to make up the background.

This view shows the box closed and a drawing in pencil on the front.







This is a close-up of the shelf that swings out. I made the small egg from polymer clay and painted it.




The little nest is made from thread, straw and lichens, these eggs are blown glass beads





Another polymer clay egg








A detail of the crackle paste and beeswax



No comments:

Post a Comment